You want to sell your home fast. Use these easy Feng Shui tips and you will get the right buyers into your home quickly.
- The Right Sign. Have your real estate agent put the ‘for sale’ sign on the right side of your yard. This is the direction that most people look towards when approaching a house.
- Clean up Outside. That means get rid of any dead or dying plants and branches. Make sure that there is a clean route to your front door, too.
- Welcome Buyers. By placing two flourishing plants in dark blue planters on either side of the front door you automatically say “welcome.”
- Polish the Front Door. Repaint it if it is in need of a freshening up or just clean it. Make sure your doorbell is in good working order and add a new door mat.
- Make the Best Impression. Have your real estate agent’s cards and flyers placed inside on the right of your front entrance. Have them standing up in a rack or clear container instead of lying flat. The latter gives off the impression that someone is laying down on the job.
- Reduce Clutter. Get rid of clutter in the kitchen, closets and the garage. Potential buyers need to see how much room is available for their things.
- Help Buyers See Themselves in Your Home. Get rid of photographs and anything that personalizes the home so there is room for a potential buyer to envision where they will place their things.
- Lift the Mood. Get rid of anything decorative that gives off a dark impression and make sure to add colorful and happy images. If you have an outdoors, ensure it’s looking great – well cut lawns, some nice ornaments like these Campania water fountains or these outdoor chairs can work wonders.
- Improve Your View. You can make your entire home more beautiful by cleaning the windows until they all sparkle. Make sure to dust doors and doorframes as well.
- Start Moving. Pack five of your favorite belongings and seal them in a box to indicate how willing and able you are to move.
October 4, 2016