Office partitions are used all over the world in all sorts of businesses. This provides privacy to employees. This is one of the rights of the employees. Using these partitions, the work space can be expanded and altered. It is a cheaper option than erecting walls which are permanent. Office partitions are a better option as well, since walls block off the light whereas these partitions based on the material allow varying degrees of light to come through.
There are various types and benefits of office partitions. There are portable partitions as well as glass partitions. The portable partitions allow more light for the workspace. Glass partitions on the other hand can be moved around and changed easily.
Based on the types of partitions they are classified into:
- Floor to ceiling partition: This is used to separate the workspace. These are called full height partitions. These partitions are made normally of metal and it is usually covered by cloth. These partitions can be easily rearranged and moved to a location and can also be completely removed without any sort of disturbance whatsoever.
- Cubicles: These are used as dividers and are most common. These give privacy and they are easy to move. These have usually 4 walls and the fourth wall is usually a half wall. These usually have a workspace where there is a work desk, related material as well as space for the computer.
- Glass partitions: These partitions like the name suggests are made of glass and aluminum. They may or may not have a frame and either are in full length partitions or in half height ones. There are also venetian blinds which are installed which gives privacy to the employees. These glass partitions cut off the noise but still allow light to travel through. Based on the frame and the type of glass, the price varies.
- Accordion walls: These are like portable partitions and come in floor to ceiling kinds. They can be opened in various ways based on the need of the person.
- Portable office partitions: These partitions are on rollers and they can be moved from one place to the other and as the name suggests they are the least permanent in terms of partitions. They also do not help in reduction of noise nor in privacy.
Silicon glazed partitions are frameless and they offer outstanding aesthetics. In these kinds of partitions, the joints which are there between glass sheets are usually formed by ultra slim silicon joints. These joints are either installed on site or else they can be performed. There are also head as well as wall channels which are obtainable in timber as well as in aluminum. These partitions can be either double or single glazed and can be curved, faceted or straight.
Office partitions benefit in the following ways:
- It provides privacy to the employees.
- When there are partitions the employee feels comfortable when working.
- Each person has space which is their own personal space and they can even customize that space to their taste.
- These partitions are easy to create as well as to install.
- These can be moved around from place to place easily.
- They are much cheaper than walls and are not permanent.
- They come in a variety of designs, styles, colors, materials and can suit different budgets.
- The solid partitioning can even be fire rated.
- They offer sound insulation and reduction of noise levels.
Thus office partitions can be used and are used for a variety of purposes. Keep in touch for more information about office partitions.
October 13, 2016