Commercial establishments have a lot people frequenting them. Therefore, the wear and tear of fittings is more than what is seen in households or other smaller places. Therefore, the fittings need to be durable, long lasting and they need to look good too as commercial establishments have their reputation at stake and the fittings always need to be seen in pristine condition.
Therefore, stainless steel is the best material for these establishments. Stainless steel is an alloy of steel and chromium. The chromium makes this alloy corrosion resistant. This material is light weight, durable and strong. It can easily be molded, has good tensile strength and malleability. This material is heat resistant too.
The Benefits for Using Stainless Steel Are Many:
- Stainless steel is highly durable and versatile and can be put to a number of uses. This is sturdy and also it is easy to maintain.
- It normally is used for fittings such as hand rails or even railings. It is easy to set up as well as easy to install. It can be supported by posts or it could be standalone railings or even it can be fixed on brackets and mounted on walls. It can be used on decks, for knee walls and even as guard rails on balconies.
- It is stronger than wood and has high tensile strength. It is rust proof and also it can stand harsh weather conditions and so can be used outdoors with ease. Even in places where there is heavy rain, ice or snow – stainless steel is the preferred choice.
- It does not require a lot of maintenance. It is pleasing to look at and it remains shiny by just polishing and wiping it clean. All that is required is a soft brush or cloth. This is one of the lowest maintenance materials and all that is needed is a light solvent or a damp cloth. This takes off the grime, dirt and dust.
- These do not crumble, bend over time, fracture or warp and so is a preferred by most establishments.
- These are very affordable and it is cost effective. Money can be saved in the long run as finishing is not required periodically like for other materials. This leads to long term savings.
- It gives a sleek and modern look and for open stairways where there is protective plastic or glass, these stainless steel fittings give a very unique and exquisite appeal.
- It is available in different designs. The major advantage is that there are so many designs which you can choose from and can suit your décor.
- Stainless steel for pipes and fittings are preferred as they handle stress for the piping applications. They also are strong and perform well even when conditions are tough and harsh.
- It is used for construction as well as for making of industrial fittings and pipes as they are heat resistant and corrosion resistant as well.
- These are easily recyclable and can be molded into any shape and size.
Stainless steel as it is very strong; less of the material is needed to fabricate resilient and robust stainless steel fittings as well as flanges and pipes.
So when stainless steel is chosen the pipes and fittings are thinner and cheaper as lesser material has gone into manufacturing them. These fittings are also long lasting. It is easy to cut, machine, form and fabricate. It has high amount of malleability as well as ductility and therefore can be used for different applications and installations.
October 20, 2016