There are several types of cemetery monuments available in the market and you need to choose the best one for your loved one. This is a headstone which gets placed during the cremation. When you are going to choose the memorable headstone for your loved one, you need to consider it as a significant memorabilia for his/her last journey, and it will make you remember the person who is no more now. So it is suggested to overcome your emotional influences and try to make the decision with your mind, not with your heart. As we know that this is the final purchase made for your loved one, so it needs careful considerations without any compromises made on the quality. Check out the different dealers in monuments before you settle on one. Considering the required factors, you know for sure you have made the right choice.
The Size of the Cemetery Monuments:
The first factor to consider is the size, but you need to make sure of the regulations of a specific cemetery before you decide on the size. Each section of a cemetery has a different requirement of the size. Generally, same sized stones are preferred in specific sections of the cemetery. In this regards you need to talk to the cemetery professionals, and they will tell you their specific measurement. Apart from that, you can also consult with the cemetery monument designers and they will tell you the different types of guidelines of several cemetery authorities.
Bronze Grave Markers:
- Relief Work: The area which is raised in a bronze design should have enough definition with the portion which is raised being highlighted. These are also termed as ‘relief work’.
- Dates and Lettering: The dates and lettering require proper alignment with no letter being crooked. In other words, the letters need to be uniform in size.
- Bronze Finish: The clear coat and the paint should be of an even application without any runs. The portions of the lettering and design should be raised and polished to show the bronze coloring. This can provide a good contrast.
These headstones made using sand and air under high pressure are used to carve the details like lettering and the design into the surface of a marble or granite headstone. You can look for
- Shallow Carving: This carving is apt for dark colored headstone, like a black granite one. The carving needs to be done in a light manner so that it can allow light to reflect off the areas which are carved.
Lettering of Adequate Depth:
The lettering should be deeply cut as this allows more contrast under lighting which is natural. There are companies which tend to spray black paint on the design and lettering which gives the desired effect.
- Design Elements: Make sure of the proportion of the design which is essential for its looks. In case of using black granite, etching works just fine. There is a choice of using deep lettering painted white for the required contrast on black granite.
- Finish of the Lettering: Make sure of a consistent spacing with definite alignment and crisp edges in the lettering. You can also choose the designer letters as styles and make some cursive style of writings on the headstone. But the message should be clearly visible and it must be engraved in a proper way because it is a matter of longevity, and you cannot change these writing in future.
As we know granite is a natural stone and there are possibilities it might have small blemishes. These small characteristics can offer a unique look to the monument of your loved one. Before you opt for a specific cemetery monument make sure of the durability as this is essential.
October 24, 2016