If you spend most of your time at home doing housework, playing with your kids, or working for your office from your personal computer, then probably the domestic environment is really important for you. In order to make the place where you live nice and cozy, we highly recommend you to do some small seasonal changes every year. Sometimes adding only a few details to your interior can make a huge difference. Take a look of our list with inspirational home decor accents, that follows, and you will definitely find some very creative ideas to match your personal taste.
1. Vintage style is now everywhere, so you can consider adding some retro accents here and there. There are wonderful vases and fruit bowls with a retro flair that you can buy in many home decor stores. Get some of them and your place will definitely look refreshed. We recommend you to fill them up with seasonal flowers and fruit, instead of exotic ones, as they will survive much longer.
2. The nautical theme. If you love the beach and you want to bring it to your home no matter how far it actually is, you can do it by adding nautical themed elements around your place. You can easily transform your bedroom into a tropical paradise if you change your bedspread with a new one which is patterned in blue and white stripes (just like the marine uniforms). You can also decorate different surfaces with seashells, add lighthouse and ship sculptures, hang knots made from ropes to your walls, or even paint some small furniture pieces in white to add a bit of a Mediterranean feel.
3. A ceiling fan. This is both a beautiful and functional home addition according to London handyman experts. If in the past lamps with fans were considered an eyesore, it is no longer so. In the age of air conditioned closed spaces with no access to fresh air, many people prefer to get back to old cooling systems like that. What’s more, installing an ornamented ceiling fan in your home can create the nice illusion that you are living on a Tropical island.
4. Create a nice outdoor area. If you are not used to spending time on your balcony, then it’s high time that you change this. All you need is a set of chairs or a tiny couch, a small table, some coastal blue, aqua, or turquoise pillows, a few candles, and you are ready to start spending more time outdoors. Creating this nice place for work or relaxation will not be harmful for your budget and at the same time will make a big difference. You can even start inviting friends at teatime in your home.
5. Change your curtains and carpets. You probably don’t realize it but heavy woolen carpets and dark curtains which do not allow sunlight to come into your home are not a good idea for the summer. They are perfect for the coldest months of the year, however. When it comes to upgrading your home for the warmer periods of the years, you’d better consider replacing them with colorful carpets and transparent curtains which will allow you to soak up as much sun as possible.
6. Do not be afraid to experiment with colors, if you do not add a bright, or sometimes even shockingly bright, accents to your home in the summer, then you will never do it. You don’t have to avoid nuances which do not match the rest of your furniture color scheme. They are called accents for a reason: they should not blend in with the rest of the decor. Make your home colorful, this will boost your good summer mood every day!
February 1, 2017