There is no chance to plan a dream home without a proper bathroom. Bathroom is as important as any other crucial areas of your home. An important feature of a bathroom is that it is a wet space. Maximum use of water is done here because it is essential to maintain hygiene. But that does not mean you will allow water to leak through walls or ceilings and cause huge damage to your property. Excessive water exposure may lead to the formation of mold. Thus, you need to avail bathroom waterproofing service to avoid excess moisture and leaks in your bathroom.
How to waterproof your bathroom?
One of the best ways to retain the beauty of your stylish bathroom is bathroom waterproofing.
A moisture barrier can be applied to seal your walls and thereby, you can control the growth of mildew and mould. For wet floors, you can use slip resistant honed tile to get better traction. You can select a waterproof paint for the ceiling of your bathroom to keep it dry.
Positive reasons for bathroom waterproofing:
- Maximize your property’s value: Having a nice and organized bathroom is very essential to maintain a healthy home. You can add more value to your property through bathroom waterproofing. Your tanked room with the touch of professional finish carries the reflection of high quality effort and craftsmanship of the experts. This is what will help you to get good value for your home at the time of selling it.
- Stop leakage: If any crack develops in your walls or floors, you can easily find water seepage at your home. Then, this water will make its way into the floor of the home. The damp ceilings or walls will definitely have a negative effect on the looks and feel in your house. Again, water droplets may form on light fixtures creating havoc safety hazards to your home. However, a tanked room offers a completely watertight seal underneath walls and floors to prevent this disaster.
- Wonderful bathroom options: Your bathroom is an integral part of your house. The designs and layout will convey the brief notion about the character and personality of the owner of the house. More designer touches can be added to this place if you build a stud wall with boards which are waterproofed. You can use elements like wall hung toilet, handy niches, wall hung basin and concealed cistern. With less effort, you can get a designer bathroom.
- Insulation: During winter months, your bathroom walls may remain too cold to touch. A common way to get relief from it would be to get thermal unit to keep the space warm. However, it will cost you more in the long run. So, bathroom waterproofing system is crucial because it will not only prevent formation of dampness and leaks in your bathroom but it will also provide better insulation. Waterproofing boarding will provide adequate warmth to feel good while taking shower
- No dampness: While renovating your bathroom, you must have noticed rotten looking damp plaster or plywood underneath tiles. This could occur when the water penetrates into brick, wood and plaster of your bathroom. It is your responsibility to take proper care of the exterior parts of your floor and walls. You can add a high quality waterproof barrier beneath your top layer to prevent the formation of mold and damp.
February 24, 2017