There are many areas in a house where the natural stone can be used for construction purposes, such as a staircase, a chimney, and even the floor. Without a doubt, the aesthetic appeal rendered by the natural stones is really impressive. However, it is also important to maintain their cleanliness. To maintain the hygiene and the finish of the exterior and interior architectural structures, natural stone cleaning is an important measure to be kept in mind.
In order to maintain the natural shine and beauty of these stones, it is crucial to hire the right service provider. A thorough knowledge of what is involved is necessary while a stone cleaning service is conducted. Proper services are to be looked for, and it is also quite important to choose the right equipment for the cleaning purpose.
Important Aspects of Natural Stone Cleaning Services
The type of stone and need for cleaning is to be known properly. The frequency of cleaning it is also considered as an important part of it. Whether it is wall stone to be cleaned or floor, the process of cleaning really matters. Finding the best cleaning services depends upon the reputation of the service. It also depends on the usage of right solutions, such as sodium bicarbonate, ammonia mixed with water, and other similar solutions used.
Chemicals and machines all are used in this process and a primary or basic knowledge is necessary about the different methods used for it:
- Bronze cleaning
Stones of swimming pools need separate methods for cleaning. The natural stones used in the kitchens, washrooms and on floors are to be cleaned properly to retain the hygiene and the proper finish and look of the surface. Obviously, therefore, you cannot use harsh chemicals in this case.
The durability of the stone is generally checked before applying harsh methods of cleaning it. Generally, for residential buildings and homes, chemical methods are not applied. For homes, remedies that focus on natural stone cleaning are the way out instead.
- A rub with a good amount of salt and a wet cloth can work wonders. This is also cost effective and very easy as well. Self-shinning wax or extra virgin wax can also be used for cleaning purposes. Gasoline on a wet mop can be used as well as an effective cleaning process.
- Aerosol products and glass cleaners are also in use. For black stones in kitchens and washrooms, you can also use black shoe polish. These are the day to day hacks used for stone cleaning.
Some More Vital Aspects of Cleaning Stone Naturally
The place and the extent of the need of cleaning the stone are important factors to be considered. The location of the surface and area of the surface are also parameters to be considered.
- Water along with a pH neutral soap can be used for marble, sandstone, granite, slate. Ammonia or bleach can also be mixed with water for cleaning stones. Generally, acidic products are avoided and the base is used so that the stone is not damaged.
- A mop, sponge or a wet cloth should be used for natural stone cleaning as these are not harsh on the stone and corrosion, abrasion, attrition can be completely avoided. Scratching can be avoided by using soft brushes. Soft towels can be used for drying the surface.
- Leaving the surface wet for drying is a complete ‘no-no’ as it can leave marks and spots on the stone surface.
Type of Dirt Being Cleansed
Fats accumulated on the kitchen wall and floors are to be treated with talcum powder or a mixture of sodium bicarbonate and water. Spots of rust can be treated with lemon juice and salt. And when organic spots such as spots of tea or coffee are to be removed, the stains are cleaned by ammonia, bleach along with water. These are the basic and natural methods of stone cleaning that can be followed in a very lucid manner.
February 25, 2017