If anyone talks about growing their own vegetables in their apartment, they may sound absurd to you but there are many ways to grow your own garden in your apartment. Apartment gardening may sound as an alien concept but it is still a possibility as there are several ways to grow your own garden in an apartment no matter how small it is.
The 7 most common ways to grow your own herbs, flowers, and even vegetables in your apartment are as follows:
1. Don’t worry about Space – The first hurdle you may face with your apartment gardening adventure is of limited available space. But if you look carefully, there are plenty of spaces in and around your apartment to grow a set of plants. For example, you can place few containers at fire escape while you can hang few plants using soda water planters on hand rails. Some other places to hang or place your plants are walls, balcony or patio, and windowsill boxes.
2. Use Window Boxes – It is one of the most popular and oldest ways to grow plants in limited available space. Just put the soil in your window box with some attractive plants, decorate it and you can place the window box even in your living room. All it needs is creativity!
3. Rooftop Apartment – If you are living in the top most apartment of your building, you probably have an access to the rooftop. In such case, you can use the rooftop to plant some vegetables or herbs in containers that need a lot of sunlight. A rooftop garden is a popular trend that provides a healthy environment for your family to spend some time in the evenings.
4. Your Own Garden and Your Own Lights – If you are creative enough and want to give an entirely unique look to your apartment, an idea to grow own light and hydroponics is probably for you. There are a lot of online resources and products available that can help you create an artificial environment that looks natural and facilitates apartment gardening.
5. Use your Kitchen – A good place to grow your own herb garden is your kitchen. There are many ways to use small pots and containers to place in your kitchen. It not only provides a healthier environment, but it can also provide healthy edibles for quick use in your cooking. Some herbs can grow in any environment so keeping them indoor is not much of a problem.
6. Use your Balcony – Apartments with balconies have a great space for apartment gardening. Make full use of any available space in your balcony especially for the plants that need air and sunlight for their survival. Use hanging containers at the railing to cover your entire balcony into green color.
7. Apartment Surroundings – If you are facing a hard time in finding space inside your apartment, you can also use front stairs and passageway to put few plants in the corners or hang some containers on the wall or stair railing.
You can follow any mentioned idea or can use all for your apartment gardening adventure. If done right, your own garden inside your apartment can provide you with a healthy environment, unique look and an atmosphere with the soothing effect.