Timber flooring is nothing but wooden floors that most of the households are using in their dream home. Wooden floors are one of the most desirable and popular floorings currently because of its look and durability. Unlike earlier times when timber floors were used in hilly areas only, homeowners across are now opting for it. The price range of such floors has gone down a by huge margins. Along with the price range, diverse designs, cuts, colors and textures are widely available in the market. You can anytime search for timber floor designs online for better knowledge. Due to its sturdy nature, wooden floors are extensively used by the house owners across the globe.
What are the types of timber flooring?
As mentioned, timber floors are simply wooden floors, any type of wooden floors fall under this category. There are four types of timber floors available on the basis of a method of flooring.
Solid Flooring: Solid flooring consists of hardwood flooring. Under this method of flooring, hard and original wood layers are used. These are much stronger and durable than other timber floors. In solid flooring, the entire planks or pieces are cut from a single timber. Old and vintage houses in England and Europe have this type of flooring. They are much expensive compared to other types.
Engineered Flooring: Engineered floors are another type of timber flooring that is widely used by the house owners. Engineered flooring is much similar to solid floors. The only difference is apart from the surface layer, other layers are made of plywood, not the hardwood. Compare to solid floors engineered floors are inexpensive.
Other wooden flooring:
There are other wooden floorings such as laminate floors and floating floors.
- Laminate floors are not real timbers or wooden floors. The upper surface of the floor is laminated with a wooden picture. They are shinier and cheaper. These types of floors do not look classy or fashionable.
- Floating floors are much better than laminate floors. They come with 7 layers of wood. Also in floating floor, you don’t need glue or nails to fix. They are designed to lock in together like puzzles.
Bamboo Flooring: Bamboo flooring is considered as one of the types of timber flooring, but in reality, it is not. Bamboo is a grass and this type of floors is created by using bamboo sticks. They are not really a type of timber floors.
Why is timber floor better than other types of flooring?
- Durable: Timber floors are stronger than other floors. They last at least 10 to 15 years compared to other floors.
- Maintenance: No special treatment is needed to maintain these floors. They are easy to maintain, washable and can be cleaned with normal floor cleaners.
- Floor heating: For those who want to set under floor heating system in rooms timber flooring is the best option. Wood is an excellent conductor of heat.
- Hygienic: The biggest drawback of carpet flooring is that it can be unhygienic if not vacuumed regularly. Any particle from pets or day-to-day products can spill over and produces contamination or unpleasant odor in the room. With wooden floors, this will not happen.
- Inexpensive: It is true that solid wood flooring is more expensive than another flooring. But looking at the durability and construction it can be said that in comparison to another flooring, timber flooring is cost effective.
- Diverse collection: Gone are those days when only one or two types of wooden plank designs were available. Now the time and the interior designs have changed. A diverse collection of timber designs, cuts, shapes and colors are widely available across the planet.
June 21, 2017