Whether you are opening a new business, expanding it to another site, or relocating your office to another area, the major concern is to install new data cable in the new office space.
Although installing or upgrading the data cable by adding new fax lines, cable drops, and outlets can be an extensive and daunting task, you can make it easier by hiring an expert professional for the job. But before everything else, there are a couple of things one should consider to ensure an efficient data cabling installation.
The Cabling Process of An Office
The cabling process and concerns related to its installation begin right from the stage of choosing the building. The various things one needs to consider include the following:
- Sufficient Data Outlets: Check, if the office space has a sufficient number of data outlets in all the locations that you’d like. This is because with insufficient data outlets it might be quite difficult to install data cabling and connect the desks to the cabinet location. You may take your electrician to review the architectural drawings, assess engineering issues and concerns such as IDF requirements, cables per station, or data center and other requirements.
- Availability of Internet: Before moving into a new office, make sure to assess and find the various Internet Service Providers available in that area. Get price quotations for the Internet service provided by them and whether the Internet service is fixed and reliable around that area.
- erm Solution: Before installing data cable in the office in a specific design, it is vital to make sure that it is suitable for not only the current state but would also be appropriate for the coming future. Thus, design the cabling while looking at the possible technological innovations, maintenance, and expansion in the future.
- Budget Estimation: Budget is another important consideration while installing the cable infrastructure. You should make a list of estimation of suppliers, cost of materials and installation services, bills of man hours required, and so on. By forming an estimated bill and budget, one can look for an installation service that matches these costs.
Features of An Optimal Data Cable Installer
After calculating your budget and researching on the various suppliers and installers available, there are certain things you should look for in the installer. Here are these important factors to consider:
- Make sure that the supplier has ample experience in the field, as services of an amateur contractor could lead to frequent problems in the electrical cabling due to inefficient cabling.
- Make sure the contractor uses quality products, as inferior products may break down in less time will not be long lasting.
- Hire a certified tester, to check the new cabling and work performed, to make sure that the installer used quality products and followed the standards of installation.
- Ensure that the installer is certified and insured, to perform the work and is following the standards specified by the industry.
An understanding of these processes as well as nature of a data cable installer would ensure that you get quality service for the amount paid. Make sure to do an extensive research on the work or take the guidance of a data cable installer, as any hasty decision could pose very expensive and weary in the future. Since data cable installation is quite a permanent job, one should follow the suggestions of an expert in the industry to ensure the work matches the quality standards and does not show frequent difficulties in the future.
July 20, 2017