What people see inside your personal space is important. You might have a great architectural exterior, but if your interior pieces fail to impress, it goes for naught. You must have furniture pieces that become conversation pieces. You should have features that would be attractive and functional at the same time. You should also have a color scheme that goes well together. A good interior décor would have complementary pieces. Pieces that clash do not look well to the eyes. They would detract from the effect you want – unless you want it chaotic chic.
What is contemporary furniture?
Contemporary furniture designs differ from traditional furniture. The furniture features subdued lines – relaxed rather than tight. This gives for a cleaner, sleeker look. The colors are often neutral and not bright. There are no garish colors that compel attention. Subdued elegance is in the forefront.
Simplistic design is another feature of contemporary furniture. Functionality is another design staple that attract people to this design. The designs may look flat and unattractive at first. But they grow on you because the simplicity enhances the functionality.
Features of contemporary furniture
Contemporary furniture differs from modern and traditional furniture in so many ways. Yet, there are features that compel people to like it. Here are some of these features:
- Simplicity – Contemporary furniture pieces are small and movable. They are not bulky and heavy. They do not get banged up easily.
- Comfort – Contemporary furniture exudes comfort. It invites you to sit or recline to your delight. The materials do not need much upkeep. They conform to your personality as they get used more and more.
- Colors – Subdued fabric colors are used. Additional colors complement the design. The colors weave a good character that add to the appeal.
- Non-traditional materials – The furniture does not use heavy wood. It incorporates metals, light wood and other materials to create a unified design.
- Functionality – Some contemporary furniture can double for other purposes. Some contemporary chairs can transform into step ladders, others into beds and storage spaces. Functionality complements the simple designs.
Contemporary Furniture Innovates Your Space
Your choice of using contemporary furniture speaks volumes about your character. People who use contemporary furniture value innovations. They know that the furniture is simple but reflect a complexity and refinement of taste.
Do away with bulky pieces and innovate your space. Take a stuffy living room to a sleeker, airier space. This would change the overall feel of your house. But the change is good and would reflect your growing taste. It would also show your penchant for the marriage of functionality and style.
Akshay works as an Interior Designer with Lalco Interiors and he is in love with his job. Thinking up interesting home décor ideas and helping clients implement them is what makes him tick. You can catch up with Akshay and his team and indulge in one of their beautiful home décor pieces for your home at Lalco Interior’s Home Decor Shops In Mumbai.
July 31, 2017