A Tankless water heater is so much better than the other water heaters since it offers more functionality and it also ensures a good user experience. With a tankless water heater, you never have to worry about the hot water running out halfway through your shower. Also, it takes up much lesser space and can be installed anywhere. Most people think that once they have installed an appliance in their homes, they can just ignore the maintenance of those appliance. If you do that, there is an increased likelihood of your machine going dysfunctional after some time.
There are some maintenance tips needed to make sure that the water heating system is working properly.
- Firstly, it is essential to stay safe. Since the heater burns natural gas such as propane, it is important for the maintainer to follow all the safety precautions to be protected from any potential harm. It is important to switch the power source off before starting the maintenance procedures of the tankless water heater.
- Secondly, you have to turn of all the three valves present on your water heater. There are three valves with different functions. The red one is for hot water whereas the blue one is for cold water. The third valve is for activating the passage of hot water from the tank to your faucet or whichever supply in your house it is connected to.
- There is a small handle which is shaped like a T. It is called the purging valve and this has to be removed before starting the cleaning process. This is done to ensure that there is no pressure build up inside the water heating apparatus. You must remove the valve slowly because doing it at once poses a harm of hot water shooting out to your body resulting in potential burns or damage.
- You need to take a little help from the manual in this step since the manual will make it easier for you to understand. There are hosing pipes that come with your water heater when you buy it. In this step, you need to connect these hoses to those valves which you closes earlier.
- Now, for the cleaning part, it is advised to use white vinegar. Most manufacturers oppose the usage of harmful or harsh chemicals for the cleaning of water heater since they are not suitable. You may require up to 3 gallons of white vinegar to completely clean the water heater. In this step too, it is important to follow the instructions given by the manufacturers in the manual.
- After that, remove the hoses that you attached to the valves earlier and also reattach the valves in their respective positions from where you removed them.
- Now, restart the heating system and let the water run for a few minutes. This will ensure that all air is removed from the system.
This Tankless water heating guide could be really useful for getting more information on Tankless water heaters.
November 18, 2017