New Year’s Eve is coming, and it’s time to redecorate your garden some fresh and beautiful ideas!
Don’t have one? No need to worry, our concepts can be applied to fences, balcony, or just a small little space in your room. These 8 coolest plant decors for DIY lovers can be done pretty easy. The ideas are simple, the materials and equipment are cheap and easy to find. These tips are simple but yet efficient and beautiful!.
Try putting used Aluminium cans in your favour
These are extremely familiar and can be found almost anywhere. There is no surprise aluminium cans make it on our list. With just a few used cans, you can create a beautiful and colourful garden.
- Use big scissors and pierce through the metal body.
- Cut off a big hole, large enough for your plant to fit.
- Make a few smaller holes underneath for water to drip out.
- Fill the can with soil and start planting.
Remember to water frequently! You can place one in your room, hang it up, or put it on your fence. And if you happen to make a few, feel free to experiment with organizing them however you like it (a heart or star shape).
Consider old boot pots.
What can we do with old boots other than throwing them away?
It would be fantastic to able to turn them into a piece of art, right?
Well, you actually can!
- Choose a worn out boot, it doesn’t have to be intact. Having a few holes in it won’t be a problem.
- Use a knife or something sharp to cut and open a hole on the bottom. This will allow drainage and protect the root from suffocation (no not because of your feet smell).
- You can also remove the sole entirely from your boot and bury it just barely underground.
What’s left to do is planting the seed and watering.
Bring containers to your garden!
No, I don’t mean the giant containers that transport ships use to ship goods (probably going to do it in my next projects). A 35-gallon plastic one is perfect for this unless your garden is big enough to handle the larger ones. It’s easy to imagine what we’re going to do next. Definitely would be to fill it with soil and start planting in containers!
But wait! You have a big non-painted surface right in front of you – use it! With just a few nacks of creativity, which I’m sure that we all have (probably), let’s encourage you to customize the pot up to whatever your imagination has to show.
Draw whatever you feel like as long as you’re happy doing it!
Why not use old umbrellas?
“A broken umbrella? Probably just going to throw it away.”
I’m sure that is how every reasonable person would think. But since you’re reading this post about making garden decors, why don’t apply this and decorate the umbrella? Among the benefits of owning umbrellas is you could still use those in the winter! You can use your old umbrella as a bouquet. Put in your favourite flowers and hang it on the back of your door. I’m sure everyone will love it. And since its shading function is not working well, why don’t turn it backwards and plug it into the ground. Fill it with soil and plant a flower.
Your garden will look great, and you’ll be the most creative person on Earth (just kidding.. or not). Keep track on the latest gardening trends and decorate like a pro!
Bicycles are a great way to add the vintage mood.
How about the idea of turning your old broken bike into a flower carrier?
- First, you’ll need to redecorate it. You don’t want a dirty bicycle standing in your beautiful garden, right?
- Repaint it with your favourite colour. And if you don’t have a particular one on your mind, I suggest you make it white. Since this is the colour that can match almost every other.
- Adding more baskets would give your bike a colourful look.
- And one more thing, make sure the bike can stand firmly on the ground by adding additional support. You can have it lean on the fence or a tree.
Bamboo brings the sense of nature.
It would be surprising to know how many things people can do with bamboo. You can eat it (bamboo shoot), use it to make houses, build bridges, etc. Probably the most efficient plant on earth. And of course, you can use this to decorate your own garden or look out for one of the many handyman tips to help you.
It’s simple, you’ll need a long bamboo section (about 20 inches).
- Choose a piece with two joint on both ends. Depending on your preferences, it could have different lengths.
- Chop the bamboo into two long pieces. Each piece will become a pot. You’ll need to make some holes underneath for water to escape.
- After that, you can decorate the bamboo with paint, stickler,…
- Fill it up with soil and start planting.
Hang a birdcage.
Do you love birds?
I sure do!
I often buy birds from hunters and release them. You might be wondering what does that have to do with a cage right? Well sometimes, I got small birds who couldn’t fly yet or injured. So I keep them in my beautiful flower cage. The bottom is filled with soil for the plant to grow (and also for the bird to poop). For birdcage, you can’t plant big trees, only vines are suitable for this. Choosing a couple type of flowering vines would be great.
Wine barrels are beautiful!
Don’t know what to do with your Christmas wine barrel yet?
Well, get ready to expect some fresh ideas from us. You can saw it in two halves to make pots for planting. Or turn them into chairs and even table (if it’s big enough). Making plinth for your flower vase from this is also a neat idea.
That’s it for this time, I’ll see in my next article for more creative ideas. In case you’re looking for more exciting information, Iflreview.com is a good choice to find a few new gardening ideas.January 2, 2018