Our homes tend to get a little shabby and lose their appeal once they get old and after some time has passed of us living in them. A little home improvement project always sounds interesting and fun, because at the end, it always results in our house getting a new, cleaner and fresher look.
There are several ways of doing things to your house to make it stand out from all the other houses and to give it a very unique and elegant look, tailored according to your taste and liking. All these home improvement and amending projects don’t really require a lot of work and effort, take some time out on the weekend and by the end of the day you’ll be feeling like you are in some new place.
So, do you want to give your house that extra, fancy but elegant, new look? We have got some hacks that will help you accomplish that task!
- Who doesn’t like some convenience in storage, right? Well, to save up space and make your house look cozy and stylish, you can use narrow slide out cabinets. These cabinets can be used in the kitchen, the bathrooms or even in the garage. And you can always choose to make single or multiple sliding cabinets depending on your need to conserve storage.
- Your outdoor or indoor furniture might start wearing its color off, as time passes by. This gives it a dingy look even though it functions perfectly, in order to freshen them up a little, you can re-paint them to make them look new and you can also get a smooth finish with the addition of foam brushes or rollers.
- If you have a cemented floor in your house, it doesn’t necessarily have to be dull and cold. For one, you can use acid staining to give it a stylish covering. Other ways to improve it includes painting or brown paper flooring. Concrete floor improvements are not so costly and they give your home a unique touch.
- Dirty cabinets? Cleaning the grime off it can entirely transform the way your kitchen or bathroom looks.
- Use ketchup on a piece of cloth with salt sprinkled on it to polish all the copper items in your household, rinse them afterwards and they will be as shiny as a mirror. Similarly, to clean brass items, ketchup, lemon or vinegar can be used because these items will shine them up.
- Use a ball of aluminum foil to scrub all your dirty, oily dishes and to even polish any silver items in your household.
- Instead of using cabinet space to keep pans, use Command Hooks to hang them on the wall, go along hanging them in descending order of size. For spoons, make sure they are spooning each other because that saves up quite some space.
These hacks are easy and come in very handy in our day to day lives and they easily manage to give our homes a new cleaner, more organized and improved look.
February 27, 2018