With the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance deadline fast approaching, we wanted to provide you an update so you can rest assured that we are prepared for May 25th, 2018. It’s the beginning of a new era of transparency and we’ve got you covered.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU and EEA. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU. (https://en.wikipedia.org)
What is RealtyWW Info doing to become GDPR compliant?
- Added information to our about the types of data that we collect, the ways in which we use it, and the measures we take to keep your data safe;
- Extended the uses account area so now all our users could see, change or delete any part of user data stored by RealtyWW Info;
- Added the ability to delete user account with all related stored data;
- Added the ability for users to obtain their personal data by downloading it;
- In addition, we’ve taken steps internally to ensure that all data sent to RealtyWW Info is stored securely. These steps include auditing the software we use for security vulnerabilities, ensuring we’re using up-to-date versions, improving network security in out datacenter, and ensuring we maintain and follow security best practices internally to ensure that we prevent unauthorized access to our servers.
May 24, 2018