What is commercial real estate photography? How does it differ from other types of advertising photography? How can it be in such a great demand and rather complicated at once? Let’s pay attention to some special aspects of commercial real estate photography, the necessary documents, and some commercial real estate photography tips that will help be prosperous in this area.
The realtor does not just need the shots of the house from the outside and the inside to sell it. He/she has to show professionally edited photo masterpieces to the clients to capture their attention. To take a property in all its glory means to create the ideal image, the object of desire. This is the essence of the commercial real estate photography.
Formation of commercial real estate photography prices
Nobody can say with certainty how much a real estate photographer can earn, because the income ranges from photographer to photographer, depending on his/her skills, gear, services provided, talent, and reputation. The most important thing that affects the cost is the ability to adjust to each customer. The fixed commercial real estate photography pricing is quite a rare phenomenon; you have to discuss the details individually.
To avoid underselling or on the contrary not charging up, the photographers should take into account one moment. It is necessary to calculate the minimum rate for services, which will cover possible costs in order to reach the break-even point. The real estate photography pricing template can be downloaded from the web, and NPPA calculator will help to figure the outgoings that all photographers must take into account.
Further, for personal convenience and the customers’ comfort, it is necessary to differentiate the real estate photography pricing list and the service section. You can start from three positions: creative and production charges, and license fees, which will form the basis of the costs calculation. The first determines the purpose of a photo session, advertising or not, on a long or short-term basis conditions. Production expenses ‑ this is the body, which includes paragraphs about where the photo session will take place, real estate photo editing http://fixthephoto.com/real-estate-photo-editing-services time, the kind of real estate, the number of real estate objects, etc.
Licensing is the legal side of pricing since the cost of the project will depend on the number of photos the customers required. If the photographer intends to receive further profits and benefits from his/her photos, you need a license agreement.
Varieties of commercial real estate photos
The images of the property with commercial background include images of the following objects:
- Offices and Organizations
- Public places
- Shops and malls
- Beauty salons, SPA centers and other
- Hospitals and other medical facilities.
The shooting of these objects can be done inside and outside, from the air or using special techniques to create virtual excursions, e.g. real estate aerial photography http://fixthephoto.com/real-estate-aerial-photography.html made by drones.
Required documents for work
Like any other kind of photo business, commercial property photography http://fixthephoto.com/commercial-real-estate-photography.html requires a number of legal documents that will secure the photographer and his/her client. To legally conduct photo sessions, the property photographer needs:
- Commercial photography contract;
- Commercial real estate photography release;
- License for use;
- Formal quote.
Additional tools for a successful commercial real estate photography
In addition to official papers, you should take care of marketing and advertising the property in social networks and in the web. As we live in the age of digital technology, any self-respecting professional photographer should be able to use all marketing tools, otherwise, nobody will know about your services. There are some things without which a specialist in the field of commercial real estate photography cannot do.
- The Portfolio is the “passport” with the best examples of the photographer’s works. It is a description of activities, the manner to acquaint the customers with services and the first possibility to land a new job.
- Website. An electronic business card with all the detailed information about the photographer’s work, his commercial real estate prices rates, ways of communicating, and his impeccably designed works. Follow the three principles that will make the site attractive: beauty, simplicity, usefulness.
- Blog. A live diary, where the photographer shares his techniques, secrets, experiences and other things to increase the attendance of his site and, accordingly, the chances to receive new orders.
- Source Sites. This tool will help the photographer to receive more offers for a job if he/she creates the profile there. The most popular sites are the career site Creative Hotlist, the company Wonderful Machine and PDN Photoserve.
- Realtor agencies. The real estate photography companies and various related associations are not just a group of like-minded people and potential customers, but also a key to success and gaining trust.
- E-mail. This is not only the way of communication between the client and the photographer. This is also a reminder to the users about the available services by mass mailing. Agency Access or Adbase will assist to do it more professionally.
- Social media. This is a powerful strategy to demonstrate to customers that a photographer is a living person, who conducts social activities and is always ready for communication. This tool will help to raise web traffic, only the main thing is not to overdo with useless posts and news.
It should be remembered that the commercial real estate photographer needs to engage customers not only with his/her work but at the cost of services and willingness to cooperate.
July 2, 2018