A Quick Sale: Just What the Doctor Ordered
We don’t ever like to think about the worst possible situations when it comes to our health – and for most of us, we’ll (hopefully) remain relatively healthy through most of our lives.
However … there’s always that chance that a health crisis could strike you at the worst possible moment. If one of those hundreds of possible maladies hits, the unfortunate emotional and physical consequences are likely to be quite significant. In addition to those problems, at Realty WW, we know that there’s an entirely different side of your life that is likely to be affected: the financial side.
Getting sick, unfortunately, can be a very expensive proposition. Unless you’re at the very top of the one percent, an unfortunate illness can completely explode your financial situation. Not only will doctors trips and home-based costs torch your savings and bank account, but you’ll likely have to stop working for a little bit, or even be forced into retirement – severely delaying the cash flow that may replace some of those financial losses.
However, if you do find yourself in this type of unfortunate situation, there’s a way to rectify it that you might not have considered before: a quick sale of your property through home buyers. For those who need cash quickly, if might be just what the doctor ordered.
Here’s why it may work for you:
You can avoid going into medical bill-induced debt – We’ve all seen – and likely experienced – the carnage an unexpected medical bill can do to your finances. If you don’t have adequate medical insurance (or no insurance at all) the amounts can be staggering. Just take a look at the statistics from this CNBC report – at least two million Americans will file for bankruptcy as a result of medical bills. That’s a staggering amount of money.
- Everything adds up very, very quickly, and you can find yourself underwater financially sooner rather than later; this type of financial hole is one that can become almost impossible to get yourself out of. Arranging for a quick sale of your property may be able to provide you with the funds that you need to avoid going into massive debt or turning to crippling credit – which can demolish your financial future. Your property may provide you with the key to keeping your head above water in this situation.
- You can avoid the lengthy open-market process – Selling your home on the open market may well secure you a slightly better price – but you’re going to run into several downsides with this process.
- First, you’ll have to go through the extreme hassle of dealing with all the various hoops you’ll have to jump through on the open market: dealing with agents and solicitors and the various other legal people that need to be involved within the process.
- Second, you’ll have to prep your house for potential buyers – that means a lot of annoying cleaning and spruce-up work, not something you want to be doing (or pay for someone else to do) in the middle of an illness.
- Thirdly, you’ll actually have to deal with those potential buyers – haggling on the price, showing them the house, dealing with their eccentricities and other various problems – throughout the process.
That all adds up to a remarkable amount of time and effort that has to take place before the sale can actually be completed – certainly not something that you really want to deal with if you need a quick infusion of cash. Instead, a quick home sale reduces the schedule of the entire process down to something manageable.
You’ll be able to get the funds that you need transferred into your account, to get to where they need to be, in the time that you need to get it.
- You can avoid the stressors that come along with a lengthy house sale – Even at the best of times, selling a house is a stressful proposition. There are timelines to meet, people to engage with, finances to pore over, appointments to get to, household elements to clean, change and replacement of locks and etc. That’s a lot of responsibility, and it requires a lot of mental effort.If you’re in the situation of dealing with an illness (or someone close to you in the household has that illness), the mental and physical pressures that come along with selling a house have the potential to be absolutely overwhelming.
Those stressors that can come with the pressures of a house sale are definitely not needed in the middle of this process. Why not work to eliminate those in the middle of the struggle?
Anything that can help keep you on track is probably a good thing.
Why a Quick Sale?
If you’re going through this type of hardship, there’s a good chance you’re going to need this type of cash. Effectively downsizing to a more manageable-size house or dwelling might be the perfect thing to do in this situation; this will allow you to get the finances needed and maintain as much of your status quo as possible as you get better.
It’s definitely an avenue to explore in this type of situation. With all the factors considered, there’s a chance that a quick sale might be exactly what is needed for you in this time of need. It may seem like a last-ditch, distressing route – but in reality, when the numbers add up, it might serve as the exact thing to help you out in this tough period.
July 23, 2018