There are reasons one too many to have your windows tinted. Apart from the usual benefits of it, you will be able to promote the level of performance among your staff if you use it in your office and commercial buildings. As it is for your workplace, you will also enjoy the different health benefits of window filming in your home as well as your car. Therefore, whether you run a small business, a start-up or a large corporation, or whether you want to keep you and your family safe, window filming will provide you with a lot of benefits.
As for your business, a lot about your venture and its success will rely heavily on the productivity and level of performance of your staff. Employees working in a safe, hygienic and healthy working environment are happier and more productive, according to research. This is in addition to all other elements of success in business that includes:
- Thorough training and knowledge of the job
- Meaningful feedback
- Good and responsive communication
- Friendly and good office culture and
- Economic incentives.
Most business owners focus on these factors only and think that there is nothing else to do to improve the productivity of the staff. Well, they are utterly wrong in their perspective as productivity largely depends on the work environment and is affected significantly if it is not proper. It will affect adversely the attitude of the employees as well as the office vibe. It will affect both the quality and quality of work accomplished in a day. Therefore, apart from the lighting, furniture, paint colors, and temperature, you must also consider the health aspect of your employees to ensure high and desired level of productivity too.
Provides more than obvious advantages
Responsible business owners who invest in commercial window tinting usually consider it as an energy-saving alternative and expects economic benefits in the long term. They may even consider the ease of maintenance factor of these window films as well as the enhancement of the aesthetic appeal of the space. However, apart from these apparent and common benefits, there are a few more advantages of window filming that are directly related to and contribute to increasing staff productivity and performance in the workplace.
This is one of the most significant benefits of window tinting and is provided both in the business and in the homes. The films will enable to maintain the desired temperature consistency capturing the warmth of the sun up to the desired level.
- Windows that are not tinted will allow the entire heat and glare of the sun to penetrate through the window panes during the mornings and afternoons. This can be extremely distracting to the staffs that have their working desks near the windows.
- According to surveys, 22% of work efficiency is lost when staffs find it difficult to concentrate during work especially when the office working place is too hot.
- Even if you set the thermostat to compensate for the increase in temperature inside the room, sometimes the effect may not reach areas that are far away, and therefore these regions remain uncomfortable. Considering the research reports once again, the ideal temperature for the optimal productivity of workers ranges from 69.8 to 71.6 degrees.
It is only window tinting that will help you create a comfortable working space with consistent temperature all through the office space. This will reflect the heat and glare of the sun and therefore minimize the thermostat wars. It will create a better and more comfortable work environment for all.
Glare reduction and privacy
Glare reduction by the window films is another significant benefit that will affect the performance level of the workers in a positive way. Most businesses use a lot of computers, and the sun’s glare can cause a lot of discomfort to the workers. Usually, the computer screens are not glare resistant making it difficult to read when the sunrays fall on it through the office windows.
- With window tinting, you can keep this silent intruder at bay and prevent it from hindering the productivity of the workers. However, the window films will not interfere with the natural lights, and therefore you do not have to keep the lights on during the day. This will reduce your energy bills as well.
- Window films will also increase privacy within your business especially if your office is located on the first floor or by the roadside. No worker likes to be watched by a hovering supervisor or strangers chatting just outside the office window keeping an eye on their job and belongings. Window tinting will provide that extra layer of privacy to your staff and peace of mind.
- It also adds to the protection as these films can deter break-ins. Known for safety, these films are specifically designed and manufactured with polyester material so that it holds the glass in place. It slows the intruders wanting to gain access providing the workers inside enough time to escape in such situations. Such an increased sense of safety provided by the window film will automatically prove to be more productive.
Therefore, such a useful workplace upgrade will ensure increased production and revenue, quality of work, feel of privacy and enhance the look along with a comfortable working environment, all of which will ensure a happy team.
Enjoy several health benefits
There are different types of window films available on the market that comes in different sizes and tints. All are carefully and meticulously displayed in the WFD Commercial Tinting Page along with the properties and benefits of it. You will be surprised when you go through these pages and find that window tinting has a lot of health benefits as well.
- Reduce harmful UV exposure – Perhaps the most significant of all health benefits is that it protects the inhabitants inside from the harmful UV rays of the sun. Prolonged exposure to these rays, when it passes through un-tinted windows, may lead to skin cancer. Apart from that, UV rays can accelerate skin aging which is why you wear sunblock. Window tinting films usually have a higher level of SPF and filter these harmful UV radiations out thereby reducing health risks.
- Reduce eye strain – It might seem bright and sunny inside your office when you have clear windows but consider the strain in the eyes of your employees trying to read texts on their computer screen in such a glaring condition. With such straining of eyes on a daily basis for long hours, 8 to be exact may lead to chronic main due to fatigue in the optical nerves. Installing a reflective window film in your office windows will help you to alleviate such eye strain issues and effects.
- Autoimmune diseases – It has been found by the researchers at the National Institute for Health that people especially women if exposed to high levels of the UV radiations from the sunlight, have an increased risk of evolving Dermatomyositis. This is an autoimmune disease that usually affects the skin. Any person already suffering from an autoimmune disease such as lupus, then the symptoms may exacerbate due to such overexposure to UV rays of the sun. Installing window films will reduce such risks.
- Dehydration and heat stroke – With window films installed, you can prevent overheating of the interior of the office space during the hot summer months. The temperature of the interior will be regulated by reducing the risks of heat stroke or dehydration.
- Personal injury prevented – The window films will ensure safety in case of a break in or breaking of a glass in your office accidently. These films will hold the broken pieces in place preventing it from scattering all over. If your office is high up in a building, then these glass shards can fly down like missiles and injure passersby. The film will, therefore, reduce the risk of personal injury and your loss of money having to settle personal injury claims.
With the sun’s glare cut down by 50% and at the same time allowing only 30 to 80% of visible light through the windows, the window films protect your eyes and the largest organ of your body, the skin.
Other common benefits
Apart from uncommon and surprising benefits, window tinting provides other benefits that will add up to your business revenue and profit.
With more than 82% of heat and glare reduced in the incoming solar energy, you will not have to make your HVAC system work more. It will also use less energy working at its optimal level. Both of this will add to your savings as you will have low monthly utility bills by as much as 40% and fewer repairs and servicing costs.
You can protect your furniture, equipment, artwork, and flooring from fading thereby retaining its beauty and functionality with the UV rays blocked by 99%. This will add to your ROI.
With the safety and aesthetics of your building enhanced, you will have an increased value of your building. Such appreciation in value of your assets will add to your capital formation as well.
October 3, 2018