Is this your bathroom?
Sleek, contemporary and cclutter-free with showroom styling that friends and family marvel at when they visit, ‘what a sanctuary!’ Is this your bathroom or the bathroom of your dreams?
Are the sides of the bath, sink and shower littered with bottles of lotions and potions, mouthwash, shaving kit, toothbrushes and kids’ toys? Have you tried storage trays, racks and suction baskets? Have you experienced their failure when you hear an almighty clatter in the middle of the day? Or worse when you are woken in the middle of the night as the suction cap releases and the shelf collapses, spilling your expensive body lotion into a pool on the shower tray floor?
There are simple solutions to help, yes there are baskets and storage trolleys but these can take up space especially in smaller bathrooms and baskets and boxes can sometimes get a little moldy if they are stored in humid bathrooms. Also, whenever you change your décor you end up spending money on accessorizing these items and matching accessories are not always functional. This is where a bathroom cabinet can be your bathroom ally.
Aren’t they old fashioned?
Bathroom cabinets have a fresh new look. Firstly, they are now clean lined, modern contemporary styling, with mirrored finishes, soft close doors, fluorescent lighting, wood and gloss finish, wall hung or freestanding there is no longer a one size fits all. Well apart from the fact that a bathroom cabinet as a product can be found to suit need and style for everyone.
What can you get?
Starting with style, after all we want to hide the mouthwash otherwise we wouldn’t be looking for any storage solution at all, we would be happy to leave it all out on display.
- Mirrored doors – sleek mirrored doors can suit any interior, they are gender non-specific, suiting any color scheme (no matter how often you change it) and these cabinets reflect light, helping even the darkest and smallest bathrooms feel larger, brighter and airy. Also, mirrored finishes mean you only have to outlay on a single accessory as cabinets can be wall mountable and serve function as a mirror and practicality as storage.
- Traditional wood finishes – again these can suit traditional or contemporary décor and have light or dark finishes. If you want to create a sanctuary-esque space, consider darker woods such as walnuts with chrome handles to replicate a spa environment. Lighter finishes are great again in smaller spaces as well as large and light oaks and maples are easily coordinated with most color schemes. Wood elements can bring a touch of warmth to the traditionally cold, clinical room of the house.
- Lighting – many cabinets are fitted with cubic florescent lighting tubes, creating clean lines adding functional lighting to the sink area. These strips can be along the top, sides and interior of the cabinets, all you need to decide is what type of lighting you want and pick the solution that meets your need. Cabinets fitted with LED lighting can create the perfect lighting conditions for makeup application and shaving and are easy on budgets as they are long lasting and energy efficient.
- Multi-function – some cabinets come as 2, 3 and 4 door solutions with adjustable shelving, some have up to 6 shelves, providing plenty of room to hide all your clutter and organise sections for different members of the house.
- Practicality – if you don’t have sufficient floor space then wall hanging options are for you. If you don’t want to drill into your newly tiled bathroom wall consider making use of the space beneath the sink, this is usually under-utilized space and under sink solutions don’t take away any of the other floor space. There are even corner options and options to fit in the corner of the shower enclosure.
- Added extras – some cabinets come with integrated shaver sockets, particularly useful in older houses that don’t always have these installed. There are magnifying mirror options to make sure that there are sufficient opportunities to perfect your hair and makeup. You can select designs that have soft close doors, optional hanging (left or right opening) to suit your space. There are options for hidden, traditional and contemporary handles to suit all styles and budgets.
The best way to have a showroom bathroom is to store everything away, whether it’s the soap and shaving foam or the products that we don’t want people to see. Shh…gents we know that you are dyeing your side burns, and ladies we know that we have a little bit of unwanted facial decoration but we don’t have to advertise it. Invest in a bathroom cabinet that combines function, form and fabulous style and always have a bathroom that is guest ready whilst keeping your secrets safe.
October 30, 2018