Whether you refer to is as an exit clean, vacate clean or end of ease clean, there is a possibility that you will have to undertake one when moving out of your property. This is a legal tenancy requirement and the process that facilitates getting your bond refunded. Understanding the process of getting a bond refund is important whether you want to become familiar with the details of ending tenancy or you are new to renting.
Bond Clean and Refund Process
An exit clean or bond clean involves the comprehensive cleaning of rental property at the end of a lease. Bond clean serves the purpose of restoring the property to its original condition in regards to when you first moved in.
Real estate agents typically use an initial condition report that enables them to determine whether any of the bond should be deducted during the last inspection. If a real estate agent establishes that the property still needs to be cleaned or there is any form of damage to the property, lodging a clam against your bond may be the outcome.
The standard of cleanliness that is required is not vague as your real estate agent sets specified cleaning requirements that should be fulfilled. You may lose all or some of the bond deposit if the cleaning does not meet the standards of the estate agent.
Real estate agents are expected to provide end of lease cleaning checklists that tenants can work through. There are various aspects of the Count on Bond Cleaning process, including the following important ones:
- Bathroom- Clean all tapware and sink, remove the buildup of soap residue, clean shower, toilet and bath.
- Floors- Remove marks and wash all floors.
- Ceiling and exhaust fans- Remove the dust from accessible ceiling and exhaust fans.
- Drawers and shelves- Dust the tops of cupboards and wipe out the drawers.
- Windows- Remove any dead insects and dust buildup from window sills, window frames and other fittings.
- Blinds, venetians and curtains- Wash, wipe down or dust any fabric or wooden blinds.
- Skirting boards and walls- Dust skirting boards and remove marks from walls.
- Oven- Depending on usage, there be mild to severe grease buildup. Oven cleaning often requires quite a considerable amount of time in order for degreasing agents to be effective. Remember to ensure that the range hood is cleaned as well.
- Carpets- In many cases, professional steam cleaning is necessary for carpets. Receipts from contractors are usually used as proof of professional cleaning.
After understanding how important a bond clean is, the next step is to determine whether you want to deal with on your own or contact the professionals to minimize the risk of losing a bond. If you make the decision to hire a cleaning company, getting bond cleaning quotes is an important aspect of the hiring process.
It is advisable to compare a range of cleaning prices. You can accomplish this by getting quotes from numerous companies. While some prefer to communicate via email and others through phone calls, several cleaning companies provide instant cleaning quotes that are readily accessible online.
November 3, 2018