Are you a resident of an old-style home in Australia built before 1990? Then you might want asbestos testing and inspection on your property as soon as possible. Over one-third of the homes in Australia built between the 1970s and mid-1990s have asbestos in their construction material. So, if you are renovating a house that is older than 20 years, you need to hire reliable asbestos testing and removal services for confirmed results. Before you agitate the flooring, plumbing, and insulation of your house, get a certified professional asbestos tester in your home.
Why is hiring asbestos testing and removal services necessary?
Asbestos has multiple adverse effects on health. It can exist in the form of small, almost invisible fibers that easily get in the air we breathe. Once it enters our respiratory tract and the lung, it never dissolves or comes out. Asbestos fibers in the lungs can cause irritation, scarring and permanent damage to the cells. It can result in many benign or malignant conditions like .
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD)
- Pleura mesothelioma
- Peritoneal mesothelioma
Mesothelioma is a unique form of lung cancer that affects the thin mesothelioma (tissue layer) that covers our internal organs. Decades of research and investigation has revealed only one causal agent of this type of cancer – asbestos. Mesothelioma treatments are now available, but for the majority of the population, a cure is impossible.
Asbestos is the only mineral that causes the several forms of mesothelioma. There is no safe exposure limit for this mineral, and any amount of exposure can be harmful to an individual. Most importantly, it is invisible to the naked eye, and it is impossible to remain safe from exposure without the correct equipment.
What factors influence the hiring decision?
While hiring an asbestos contractor, ensure that they have the correct certification and experience to complete the task at your residence. Here are a few things you must remember before hiring the advanced deconstruction company –
- A professional demolition company should have been in action for quite a few years. They should have an expansive list of clients.
- The technicians working with the company should have the licence, training, and certification to do what they do.
- When they come to inspect your house for the first time, they should carry equipment that safeguards you and the technicians from the airborne fibers.
- Check if the company of your choice has valid insurance. Picking an agency without adequate insurance can be financially risky for the homeowner.
- They should also take charge of the disposal. Asbestos disposal is risky, and it is the responsibility of the deconstruction company such as Advanced Deconstruction to dispose of the materials.
There are several asbestos testing and removal companies in Brisbane, Queensland. That is due to the presence of multiple homes with asbestos in their roofs, floors, walls, plumbing, and insulation. It is up to the homeowner to pick a licensed service provider, who quotes competitive prices. However, the cheapest is not always the best. So, pay attention to their online reviews, customer testimonials and history of service before you sign the contract.
November 16, 2018