Many roofing contractors have witnessed weird things happening on a roof. These things simply made them shake their heads and laugh out loud. Sometimes these incidents were not because of the fault of the homeowners; instead, they might not even be aware of what happened.
To simply solve such problems, a team of expert roofers sat down and prepared a list of the situations they have experienced to share it with other homeowners. So, they would know better about the things they must not do or avoid.
Have a look at the list here:
- They found flex seal pieces of Mother Nature on one of the roofs. Yes, this is surprisingly true and it happened. So, here is an advice for the homeowners to suppress their inner philosopher, especially when it comes to roof repairing. Flex seal is not the right kind of fixture for obstructive branches of trees.
- They also handled a situation where family members had a bonfire on their roof. That’s hilarious and weird. But that’s also true and thankfully they didn’t burn down the whole building. So, avoid planning your crazy ideas on your roof.
- It is good to grow vegetables and doing other green efforts. But the roof is clearly not the right place for that. Homeowners have found doing so frequently and they actually ended up facing severe problems because of that.
- Some people take it very lightly by allowing local drunks to throw glass bottles on their roofs. It is important to remind them where the trash bin is before they start taking it easy and keep going on with that.
- The experts have also experienced situations where the roof had a lot of holes just because the homeowners allowed the guests wearing heels on the cocktail parties at their roofs.
- Shooting fireworks on your roof at different occasions might help you look cool and patriotic in your neighborhood. But seriously, it’s not a good idea at all for your roofing.
- You may also think about sitting on a folding chair on your roof just like many other homeowners did. Whether you aspire to be a watchdog for your neighborhood or you are curious to watch whatever is happening around, the roof is not a good idea for that. Try your tree house next time.
- If you are “fix anything by tape” kind of guy and want to do all the repairs by yourself, you are certainly not being fair to your roof requirements and maintenance. Try to avoid the things about which you don’t have relative expertise and start hiring reliable contractors for roofing Dearborn Michigan who are out there to fix your roof problems for you by using their skills and experiences.
- Don’t attempt doing roof repairs with the use of beer bag, baseball bat, and furnace instead of proper repairing tools.
So, learn from the experience of experts and don’t try the mentioned things at all with your roof.January 11, 2019