The shotcrete process is one of the modern and smart ways to spread concrete a particularly wide area. The uses of the shotcrete are increasing among the builders and constructors in these days because of the advantages and economic profit. The shotcrete process helps you to cut off the labor cost and complete a project in a short period as well.
Shotcrete or as sprayed concrete is spread to a wide area with the help of hose and is projected at high speed onto a construction surface. Because of the high speed spreading with the help of a hose, it becomes easy to spray it evenly on the desired surface without investing too much in labor power.
There two shotcrete process which is as follows:
Dry-Mix Process Shotcrete- This process involves mixing the cement and moist and then feeding into the device, this device makes use of compressed air to deliver the material to the hose and to the nozzle where water is added under pressure. The water moistens the material completely and is jetted at high speed onto the surface.
Wet-Mix Shotcrete- Here all the mixing takes place before putting it into the device. Once mixing is done, it is added to the delivery device and is forced through a delivery hose to the nozzle; here compressed air is injected to enhance the speed at which the mortar is ejected out.
Advantages Of Shotcrete In Construction
You need to follow the following points to understand the working process and benefits of using the shotcrete in construction. The uses of shotcrete are now remarkably found in several sectors including pool construction, road construction, tunnel making, skate parks construction and many more areas. The process helps the builders to complete the decorative concreting process with perfection. The spraying of the concrete on the decorative areas can be done with ease by using this process.
You will get to see the use of shotcrete in case of different pools. One of the reasons why most of the construction work is using the shotcrete method is because it is easy to spray the concrete on the desired location and even spreading. This becomes beneficial in places like the pool, underground tunneling, theme parks, etc. This spraying concrete process helps the workers to do the job in a short period perfectly. It is difficult to apply the traditional concrete process when it is a skating wall. So, taking help of this modern process, in this case, can be helpful for you.
You can spray the wet or dry mixed materials to concrete a wall in a perfect way. The material should be very strong and sturdy when you are applying to concrete a wall. It also helps you to cut down the engagement of the labor heads in coating the cements by using the spraying process. You can also save time by using the shotcrete process in construction.
Some of the popular examples where this technique was widely used are the Waltz’s Disney World, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Splash Mountain. There are many theme parks that are made by using this process as well. The use of this concrete process in different decorative structures can help you to understand how strong and long-lasting result it gives.
- It offers seamless mixing thus enhancing bonding thereby making the structure very strong
- An economical method as you can save on the labor cost
- You can easily apply concrete from a safe distance.
Things To Remember For Choosing Ideal Shotcrete Process
Most builders and construction companies are now making use of this technique. But, if you want the best results from your investment, make sure that you hire a professional for the same.
- You need to know about the experience and reputation of the service provider before hiring his workers for the shotcrete process.
- You should check the skill and knowledge of professional one to get the best result
- The budget should be taken when you are searching for a reliable shotcrete service provider. The budget depends on the area and the labor cost for the process. But you should check and compare the budget of the different service providers in the same process.
- An important point that you must never miss is that you must use good quality material to get the best result. The strength of the walls depends on the materials of the concrete mostly. So, it should be authentic and good in quality to serve you the long-lasting decorative wall.
Final Say- This is a complete guide to go for the modern and updated shotcrete process when you are planning for a decorative wall. The service provider should be accurate in his work and give you an elaborate idea about the process as well. He will be able to suggest you the best concreting option for an area as well.
May 28, 2019