Inadequate pool fencing in New South Wales leads to several mishaps every year. The Australian pool regulations are quite strict when it comes to the fencing of personally-owned pools in the state.
What makes fences around pools necessary for Sydney homes?
Several homes in Sydney have pools in their backyards. However, only a few are aware of the regulations that keep the children, elderly, and pets safe around the pool area. Currently, there are three distinct Pool Safety Standards applicable to all Sydney homes –
- For owners of private swimming pools built before 1 August 1990 on their property – The entrances of the pools should have barriers. These barriers can be doors or windows, but they should comply with the statutes of Australian pool safety regulations.
- For all pools built between 1 August 1990 and 1 July 2010 – The pool should have a fence that separates it from the house. Only exceptions are –
- the property is very small (smaller than 230 square meters)
- The property is substantial (at least 2 hectares)
- It is a part of a waterfront property
- All pools built after 1 July 2010 should have a fence that separates it from the house.
The regulations are quite clear. However, they can throw the property owners in a tizzy. Since constructing wooden fences around an abstractly shaped pool in the backyard can always reduce its aesthetic value.
That is why it is essential to contact an expert of glass fencing Sydney. He or she can tell you how a frameless glass fence can satisfy the conditions put forth by the Swimming Pools Act and Swimming Pools Regulation in NSW. Glass pool fences help all property owners remain compliant to the regulations and acts, and at the same time, add to the aesthetic appeal of your private water body.
Who should get glass fences?
Glass fencing is especially desirable for owners of pools in their back yards that promise a panoramic view of the valley or horizon. Wooden or metal wire fencing might serve the purpose of safety and security, but it will mar the natural beauty of the vistas the pool and poolside enjoys right now. Several high-flying architects and exterior landscaping experts in Sydney are choosing frameless glass fences for their pools to keep the view uninterrupted for the pool owners.
Here are a few reasons for you to check out glass fences for home pools in Sydney –
- These glass fences are very different from the glass in the mirrors or tumblers you use every day. They are unbreakable and crack-proof due to the high-temperature (700-degrees) tempering.
- The experts fix these glass panes to the concrete using metal spigots. They can withstand the Sydney heat as well as the high wind speed.
- They never rust. Therefore, maintenance and refurbishing are much easier than their wooden and metal counterparts.
- You might experience some clouding after months of varying temperature and humidity, but your glass fencing company should follow up with maintenance tips and added services from time to time.
Check out the best glass fencing company in Sydney for reasonable quotes that add a barrier of safety to your pool without compromising its look or style.
June 11, 2019