Buying your nest is something that you cherish throughout your lifetime. There is a great sense of satisfaction, but this is a crucial time, and you must look into a few practicalities as well. And carrying out building inspection in Adelaide is one crucial task that you cannot overlook at any cost.
In this article, let us discuss the same under the following sub-topics, namely,
- What will a professional building inspector search for?
- Cost of building inspection and factors that determine the same
So, let us take each sub-topic one at a time.
What will a professional building inspector search for?
Generally, the professionals that carry out the inspection are the ones that have been builders in the past. As such, they have adequate experience to understand the nuances of building structure, repair, damage, renovation, ideal weather, and so on. He will take into account the following before providing you with quotes-
- As an expert, he will first inspect whether the construction has been made as per norms set by the Australian government.
- How well are the doors and windows functional?
- Plumbing requirements that will include the condition of the drainage system, taps, and pipes.
- Electrical wiring system
- Condition of walls, floor, ceilings, and any additional structure that is present like an attic.
- Fire hazards and other threats and risks to the interior and exterior of the building.
- The exterior of the house will include the condition of the patio, driveway, garden, and backyard. You can trust the professionals at summertonbuildinginspections.com.au for their excellent quality work.
Cost of building inspection and factors that determine the same
Finally, when you have an idea about the various areas that require repair, renovation, or a revamp, it is time to get the quote. Aside from the work that the contractors will carry out, few other factors that will determine the cost and they include the location of the property, size or the square feet that your house is occupying (area), and lastly, as mentioned above the services that you have to avail.
Given below are the approximate quotes for building inspections in Adelaide. These figures might vary depending upon the prevailing market conditions and extent of work.
ü If the size of the apartment or house is 100 square meters, it is between $200 and $250
ü For a 3-bedroom home, the inspection charges will range between $249 and $350. This is applicable not for metropolitan areas
ü If you have a 4-bedroom apartment or house, the cost ranges between $400 and $500
ü For a 4-bedroom house in a metropolitan area, the same cost can go up to $1000.
However, there are a few aspects that you must keep in mind. The cost will differ in the metropolitan area from that of regional areas. If you are offered a quote that appears to be too good to be true, find out if there are any hidden costs. Do not compromise on quality because you are investing in your house that will last for a lifetime. Lastly, do not leave the entire inspection on the building inspector; you do a preliminary investigation too before you hire a professional. You will have an idea whether the professional is hoodwinking you are not.
June 21, 2019