Investing in property is always a great idea. You get a roof over your head and the security that if cloudy days come, you will have something to fall back on. But what if you get stuck with a bad property?
Bad Fruits All-Around
Bad property investment can be a very big problem. And, like a single rotten fruit that can ruin the entire basket, a bad realtor is the core of the issue. Instead, use WC Valuers to improve your property valuation company.
When a realtor does not have your best interests at heart, you lose out. The property might not be very usable, and you might end up paying more (or selling for less). You would also have a harder time selling your property, and may even incur a loss. A bleak future, right?
It is, however, easily preventable. We’ll show you how.
Picking The Right Choice
Realtors are people too, and you might not know all there is to know about them. That does not mean that you cannot be a good judge of their professional character. With a few pointers in mind, you can make sure that you end up with a good realtor who will help you get the best deal.
- Non-Clarity – One of the biggest red flags for a real estate agent is lack of clarity. One way this shows itself is when the agent has no idea about property valuation. This key concept enables both buyers and sellers to negotiate a fair price. Demand property valuation if the agent does not have one, or drop them.
- Non-Response – You would not expect the agent to work solely on you, but you do expect prompt replies. If the agent has left you hanging in the middle of the buying/selling process, it can cause you a lot of problems. So make sure that they give all answers to you as soon as possible.
- Poor Listening – Want a certain element in your property, but the agent won’t let you get a word in? The chances are that they are planning to try and entice you with what they have. This can lead to a dangerous underestimation of your needs and wants, and cause you to invest in property not right for you.
- Lack of Experience – It is one thing to give an up-and-coming agent a chance. It is completely different for them not to know basics such as property valuation. An agent’s lack of experience may mean that you do no
- Up To Date – Your agent does not have to be a tech wiz. But it can be so much more helpful if your agent knows the online resources you can tap into to get the best buy. A good agent will keep themselves up to date with the latest innovations and ensure that you enjoy their benefits.
Dealing with property can be a daunting task. Concepts like property valuation often seem like alien and mysterious concepts. A good real estate agent understands this and explains everything to you. You are the one going to invest. If you have any doubts or queries that make you doubt the transaction, then the agent has failed in their job.
Thus, the best way to know if you have an agent is to understand how comfortable you are with the process. The more at ease you are, the better things will turn out.
- Honesty – The truth can hurt us sometimes, but bad financial decisions can leave bigger scars. A good agent will always be honest with you, even when you might not want to hear it. This might hurt your feelings but would put your interests at heart, which is a great approach for an agent to have.
- They Know Their Stuff – Notions like property valuation, market prices, or mortgage are not alien concepts to them. More importantly, they can help you understand all there is to know. A good agent will expect questions and answer them well.
- Proactivity – A good agent will make an active search. They will look around for what suits you the best and introduce you to new ideas. But again, when your wishes are different, they take note and back down.