Purchasing a house is exciting, but can also be daunting. From selecting the perfect neighborhood in a good school district to finding the right size home for your family, there is a lot to consider before diving in. It’s important to know what to look out for as you search a place to live, including warning signs and hazards that could turn your dream home into a nightmare.
Whether you’re a first-time buyer or not, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with some of the fungi and toxins that may be present. Aspects of the house, including when it was built and where it’s located, will have an effect on this. Although there is a lot to contemplate, ensuring the health of your future home could have a profound effect on your own health down the line.
Mold is a fungus that grows best in warm, damp environments and could lead to a variety of health issues. Although some people are more prone to show symptoms of mold exposure than others, it’s smart to be aware of its existence in the home. Symptoms of mold exposure range from congestion and coughing to a sore throat, and often mimic that of a cold.